SecondLife

Discussion in 'Games' started by Shucksgary, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Shucksgary macrumors newbie

Shucksgary

Heres a rapidly growing online society for mac users, u can build, script, and texture just about anything. Free 7 day trial if you would like to check it out. Link below

SecondLife

2. LoadRunner macrumors member

Usually when some one offer a free 7 day trail it is free. it doesn't require a credit card, and of course there isn't a 9 dollar processing fee for this 'free' account.

I your going to check out secondlif I would recommend going to https://secondlife.com/ instead of his link, because his contains a hidden message. Witch is being sent to the second life web server. Probable to tell how many hit they are getting by spamming this forum.

3. Shucksgary thread starter macrumors newbie

Shucksgary

I dont know if it contains any hidden message in it, all it is, is if you sign up to an account i recieve 2000 linden dollars (in game money) thats the only hidden message if any (jeezes). They do it as a affliation type thing. And where u get a 9 dollar precessing fee i have no idea. I tried it and was charged when i signed up for an account. And as to spamming this forum, i posted this to maybe get some people that didnt know about this world, there isnt many like this for Mac users. So why not put it in a Mac forum?

4. LoadRunner macrumors member

Well when you go to the page to sign up for the free 7 day trail.
    They ask you to Select a Plan, these are the options given.
    Basic Access - One time access fee $9.95
    Premium - Monthly - $9.95/month, billed monthly
    Premium - Quarterly - $7.50/month, billed quarterly
    Premium - Annual - 6.00/month, billed annually
    As you can see none of those options are free.

Now I think it is great they have an unlimited one time fee account, and I'm very excited to see there is a mac version. But technically none of these option is free. Because I have to give them money.

You'd have probable have said the same thing; if you were in my shoes. Some one posts a link, and says check this out! it is free! and you go there. The url has a bunch of number in it and it isn't free. What would you think? Spam!
    I"m glad to find out that it isn't spam. because if it was, there would be no way i'd ever even consider using their product after they chose to falsely advertise and spam. Company spend billions of dollar a year just to built trust between them and consumers. I just can't trust some one who try to start a business relation ship by falsely advertising. There called unethical business practices for a reason.

BUt sense it isn't. If I do sign up; i'll use your link. But I don't know why I would. I'm totally for supporting company who chose to bring their product to the macintosh, but because I haven't had a chance to try their software. And no one I know use it, i'd have no way of knowing exactly what I'm purchasing.

5. Shucksgary thread starter macrumors newbie

Shucksgary

Free Trial and Joining Second Life
    Your first step is to create your free trial account. You will receive seven full days of access free. Choose your Second Life name and password and download the client software. You will be able to spend as much time in Second Life as you like for the next seven days, starting with your first login.

When you register for your trial you'll be asked to choose a membership plan. You can change your plan at any time by logging in to www.secondlife.com/account and updating your account. If you decide to cancel your membership, you can do that on the same account page. If you don't cancel your membership during your trial, you will be billed for the plan in effect at the end of your trial period.

Contact Us
    If you ever have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 1.800.860.6990, or send email to billing@lindenlab.com. We are available for questions weekdays, from 8:00AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time.

This is from the page link that i put here. The # is just so they know who to give the Linden Dollars (in game money) to. At the end of the page you fill your information in it says start your 7 day free trial button. Anyway like i said earlier i just put this here for mac user to know about and if they were interested they could see what its all about. Its a pretty interesting place once you figure the useface out, but if i can do it and im no computer wiz at all, anyone can. Oh i forgot to mention there is sytem requirements i should put here, but there are mac user using it below the processor speeds they recommend,

Mac OS X Requirements:

•
    Graphics Card: GeForce 2 or better, ATI Radeon 8500 or better

•
    Computer: 1 GHZ G4 or better, 512 MB of RAM

•

•
    Internet Connection: Broadband (DSL/Cable Modem/LAN)