Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Do they really have nothing better to do with taxpayer money than seize pictures (wouldn't it be better to focus on counterfitters and other such real bad guys?)

Link

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
I am getting ticked more and more over my wasted tax dollars.

May be it is time for all of us to pledge, regardless of chosen party, to vote out the incumbent. It is time for change, It is time to vote out those that represent the status qoue .

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Abstract said:
Well thank goodness that's over. I can finally sleep in peace.

Yeah man I was so anxious over those pictures. I was totally rooting for the secret service on this one. Am I glad to have given my taxes to the cause.

Lucky I had my worry beads with me. I was so scared that poor Angelina and Brad would be hurt.

Attachments

• worrybeads.jpg
    worrybeads.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 56

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
Sorry, but I only read the article from the original link. A couple of questions though?

How were the pictures taken? Was the photographer suspended Tom Crusie Mission Imposible style from a helicptor over the couples secret hideaway?

Were Agelina and Brad hiding away in a bulletproof tinted window abode?

If the answer to either of these questions is 'Yes' then lock the photographer up in Gitmo. If the answer is no, then fire truck (minus the ire tru) Brad and Angelina and fire truck (minus the ire tru) the law enforcement officers including Secret Service (whom I hought could not get involved in such matters? as well.

Just my 2.323 yen (going by the value of 2 cents at todays exchange widget rate)

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Nice alliteration.

How different is this from filing a police report and having the police start an investigation on someone for you?

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
FrankieTDouglas said:
Nice alliteration.

How different is this from filing a police report and having the police start an investigation on someone for you?
I'm glad somebody caught it. I really wasn't planning on using the term stooge, but it was the first S that I could com up with.

I can understand local (and even state) police helping out another force if there was a real threat, or blackmail type situation, to the Pitt-Jolies (or is it Jolie-Pitts?) or if there was legit misappropriation of their image. But, even in the second case, that is a civil (not criminal as far as I know) issue - meaning the cops should stay out of that and focus on the child molesters that I worry are going to hurt my kid or the murderers that kill with impunity in the DC area.

The difference (IMO) is that the Secret Service got involved. I don't see why or how this is in their jurisdiction. I don't see either their primary (stopping counterfeiters) or secondary (protecting high ranking politico types) responsibility coming into play.

pinto32

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2003
PA
I think its unfair to pick on the Secret Service for participating in this team effort. Obviously the NSA helped out with phone, email, web browsing, and travel records...and thats only what we know they do....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.