Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gopal.iosdev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2016
Hi,

My app has Expand or Collapse Functionaly, So to achieve that i have a table view with 7 Sections and each section has a header and footer with around 20 rows in each section, Initially I was only showing Headers of all the Sections by setting their height and hiding the footers and rows of section by setting the height 0 for footers and rows as You Can See in the Image 1 of the link i have attached, when the user clicks on + button of any header, i was reloading my tableview for that section and i was changing their heights to their actual height. During this process i have two issues

1.) Section Footers are overriding my table view cells when i was expanding sections before that, you can see this scenario in Image 2, 3, 4, 5. => i.e. Initially i expanded Section 1(i.e. Image 2) and then i expanded Section 0 (Image 3), when i scroll the rows in Section 0, I see section 1 footer over riding my sections 0 data cell(i.e. you can see in Image 4, 5).

2.) Expand or collapse animation is too fast => When i was trying to reload my table view for expand or collapse it is animating too fast.

any help is appreciated, i was finding hard time in solving it, you can find IMages URL, Git url for the code and table view reload code below.

Image Url:

Drop box link for all Images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3b0i57z74njckjr/AADv710M9ys7WUwkAB4dML4ya?dl=0

GitUrl for the project:

github.com/gopal-iosdev/ExpandOrCollapseTableView

tableVIew reload Code for Expand or collapse:

Code:
UITableViewRowAnimation rowAnimation = UITableViewRowAnimationBottom;

NSIndexPath *indexPath = [NSIndexPath indexPathForRow:0 inSection:cellTag];

NSRange range  = NSMakeRange(indexPath.section, 1);

NSIndexSet *sectionToReload = [NSIndexSet indexSetWithIndexesInRange:range];

[self.mainTableView beginUpdates];

[self.mainTableView reloadSections:sectionToReload withRowAnimation:rowAnimation];

[self.mainTableView endUpdates];

Thanks

Gopal

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.