secure calendar for iphone 5?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by harnadem, Jan 8, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Is there a secure (password protected) stand-alone calendar for the iphone 5? I use the calendar that comes with the device for home appt, which I sync to iCloud. However, I want to have a secure (non-sync) calendar that I can use to record upcoming patient appointments for my clinic.

The two requirements I have are: (1) it has a second level of password protection. The iphone is pass code protected already. (2) I can disable syncing with cloud-based calendars. I don't want the patient information to be distributed in any way outside of the device.

Does such a calendar exist?

2. macrumors member

Not sure if it does. But if you can give me specific requirements may be we can develop one. Send me a PM.

3. macrumors regular

have you tried the free GOOGLE calendar on your mobile phone

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not believe that the Google calendar would serve the purpose. I want to avoid sending patient information off of the device, such as to the iCloud and Google Sync servers

5. macrumors 603

Menel

Outlook.com email account/calendar. Free

Divide app, exchange sync to that Outlook.com app. Free

I use Divide as the exchange client for my work email. Keeps it nice and separated from my personal stuff. You can set a passcode for the app itself.

Edit
    Oops missed the later non cloud requirement.

6. macrumors regular

Hi Menel

I am really interested in the idea above. Could you please elaborate a little more ?

TIA
    regards
    subu

ps : Is this outlook.com email you are talking about the same as the hotmail = msn = outlook dot com that is recently come up ?

7. macrumors 603

Menel

I don't know how to elaborate further, ask specifically. Also note that I have yet to use the service for any length of time.

Yes Outlook.com = outlook dot com
    I think...

8. macrumors 6502

Rather than use a calendar application have you considered a database application such as FileMaker Pro.

SSMed

9. macrumors 68030

BrianBaughn

If you're concerned with HIPAA I suggest you look into a hosted Exchange provider that is compliant...and there's a lot of them.

10. macrumors regular

thanks for the reply. Let me ask specific questions

1. where do I start ? probably open a hotmail account ? right ?
    2. then next what ? upgrade to outlook dot com ? right ?
    3. then what ?
    4. just simple one line answers or links
    5. links to other threads on this outlook dot com + calendar would also be appreciated !!!

thanks in advance

best regards