Security issue with windows on a mac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sweener88, May 1, 2006.

1. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

Hey,
    I just got a mac and want to run windows but only for gaming and to use microsoft word. do i need to take percautions now that im going to be using windows or and a relatively safe if i only use the windows while im not on teh interent ( ie. singleplayer games and word processing) im never going to download anything while using windows. im asking cuz i have norton antivirus but dont want to use it if i dont have to (trying to save space and have as least ammount of applications running on windows)

2. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

If you're not going to download anything while you're in Windows, then you should be fine without it.

3. ahunter3 macrumors 6502

If you want to be really safe, unplug your ethernet cable (and/or phone cable if you use a dialup connection) from your Mac whenever you're about to boot into Windows, and reconnect it only to run MacOS X.

4. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

or just don't make a dial-up connection... if ethernet, right click on the local area connection and select disable from the 'shortcut' menu that pops-up. same as unplugged without all the work. then X is ready to go when you reboot.