Security threats fail to deter Mac faithful in 2006

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Dec 22, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Not that these guys are biased or anything.

Don't give up your day job... no, hang on, I meant please give up your day job.

SL

3. macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

This article was actually hilarious. All the anti-virus people see a growing market and want in on it.

I'm a firm believer that if somehow security became a worry for Mac users that Apple would provide the best solution. It is not like Apple to rely on outside help.

4. macrumors 603

shadowfax

kind of a jokey article, very back and forth. At first the author seemed to say "oh look, the idiot security companies were all wrong, ha ha, wow." and then it stealthily (stupidly) flowed into statements about how Apple was just as vulerable as any other OS to being attacked, and also such stupid quotes as the one about a "boilerplate" of X86 buffer overflow attacks.... The last time I checked, buffers were implemented at a system (OS) level and not at an architecture level. But never mind that... ugh, you know, a nun and a prostitute are just as susceptible to getting, shall we say, boinked. By which I mean, they are both physically capable of having it done to them. but that doesn't mean it's just as easy to make it happen in each case.