Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sunrunner

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2003
My poor, poor uptime... I think Ill just wait for the 10.3.2 update to go final. I wish Apple would make more of their updates transparent so we dont have to restart constantly...

Dave_B

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2003
UK
Speed.

Originally posted by Wonder Boy
If i am the the only one who uses my computer, what is the incentive to download this update?

My impression is that the after the update Safari 1.0.1 (v85.6) is faster than 1.0

Perhaps this is a difference only to 10.2 users?

pb1212580

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2003
iChat Problem?

Installed it on 2 powerbook 12" (one 867mhz and one 1ghz)

The 1 ghz has no problem so far but the 867mhz was experiencing freezing ichat everytime an invitation was sent to it.

Anyone got any idea or experiencing the same thing?

Originally posted by SFNE Freak
Only weirdness I encountered was that iChat, Address Book and Sherlock reappeared in my Dock after I restarted. Other than that, everything is fine.

CRMarvin42

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2002
Lafayette, IN
powerbook 667 g4

My friend just installed the update last night and now all of the diskimages on his 80 gig drive, including the folder they were in has dissapeared. has anyone else noticed this sort of problem with this update?

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
this is becoming like Windows with almost weekly security updates. Get it together Apple!
Apple just released a major new revision of the OS, with lots of under-the-hood changes. This both creates and brings to light new bugs. Such is the way of the software market. I'm tired of armchair security analysts on Mac forums lambasting Apple for releasing security updates. Get a grip, okay? At least they're fixing the bugs. The same can't be said for MS, who "fix" a bug, only to have to fix it several times again as new variants appear.

No one's making you download the updates. If it irks you that much, don't get them.

Ugh.

--Cless

ryaxnb

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2003
Originally posted by TomSmithMacEd
Then I relize the Mac patches are to protect something that COULD be a problem not something that IS a problem like on windows machines.
No offense, but then you realize that the patch was released before the blaster virus AFAIK.

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
security update

After applying the latest security update I am unable to access Accounts in SysPrefs--it crashes without any other known effect. It's not a permissions problem. There are some other issues reported on the Apple forums.

I hadn't had any problems with upgrading to Panther from Jaguar until this security update. Glad another major update is reportedly not far off and maybe this glitch will mysteriouly be repaired.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
After applying the latest security update I am unable to access Accounts in SysPrefs--it crashes without any other known effect.
Strange, I'm not having any problems (that one included).

--Cless

MasterMac

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2003
Re: security update

Originally posted by JDar
After applying the latest security update I am unable to access Accounts in SysPrefs--it crashes without any other known effect. It's not a permissions problem. There are some other issues reported on the Apple forums.

I hadn't had any problems with upgrading to Panther from Jaguar until this security update. Glad another major update is reportedly not far off and maybe this glitch will mysteriouly be repaired.
Have you tried trashing the .plist file for the system prefs?

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Have you tried trashing the .plist file for the system prefs?

Oh, yes, and a number of other things including DW, repairing prefs, periodic maintenance, etc. On Apple forums other people have had similar though not exact same problems with SysPrefs after the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.