Security Update-- Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by surajnangia, Nov 29, 2006.

1. surajnangia macrumors 6502

Hi

I downloaded the new securituy update yesterday and while restaring a message came on the screen which was to restart my computer again, when i restarted again the same message kept on coming everytine

What has suddenly gone wrong with it.. Do i need to reinstall my tiger , what has happened can someone plz help me.. Luckily i have all my data backed up

Thanks

Suraj Nangia

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Uh oh, you're kernel panicking. Try starting from the OSX discs by holding C, and if that works, then use the bundled Disk Utility to verify and repair (where necessary) your hard drive. :)

3. iBorg20181 macrumors 6502

iBorg20181

Multiple Apps Hosed with Security Update 2006-007

I d/l'd this security update yesterday, and all seemed well .... until I tried opening a few apps. While I got no kernel panics, I was unable to open any MS Office app (and I use MS Word alot, as well as MS Entourage for mail), Now Up-To-Date (my calendar program) Snapz Pro or Tex-Edit Plus.

Nothing helped - repaired permissions, fsck-y, Disk Utilities, ... nothing. My MBP came with current OS X 10.4.8, but I d/l'd the 10.4.8 Combo Update for Intel ... trying to use this game with an error message that this update "wasn't compatible" with my MBP .... hmmmm.

Finally, just forced to do an "Archive and Reinstall" using my MBP discs, and all is once again working. Haven't seen anything from Apple about this problem, but MacFixIt.com ran a large story on multiple problems with this update yesterday and today.

Anyone else here having similar problems?

iBorg