See No Evil: Moors Murders

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, May 15, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Anyone watch this? I thought it was utterly gripping but sort of fell apart towards the end, I know they had to finish off the story with David Smith but still. The whole show was just so well made. Didn't feel expensive, very gritty and down to earth. Amazing that they actually got to make this too, being such a delicate subject.
    What did you make of the show, what about the story in general?

To those who didn't see (for shame :p ) it was a show about the moors murderers; Myra Hindley and Ian Brady. About how they got arrested and that.

I feel a pretty strong interest to know about this. After all I live on the doorstep of Saddleworth Moor, I live IN Saddleworth! It's knowing that there's a body still up there waiting to be found. It's a little haunting really.

2. iGav macrumors G3

I bet there's lots of bodies up there still waiting to be found, that's what's really freaky. :eek:

3. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea i doubt Hindley and Brady were the only people to bury bodies up there! Couple that with the strange wild cats you get... Yet I'm so compelled to take long unaccompanied walks on the tops! :confused:

4. iGav macrumors G3

That's because it's beautifully bleak and desolate... :) and reasonably safe too... I'd say you're safer there than a city probably.

When I lived in Yorkshire, I spent a lot of time up in Wharfedale, mountain biking on my own, everyone thought I was mad... that and I found Yorkshire people to be massively superstitious... it was like, "you don't want to know laddie what's out in them hills" :eek:

In a way I dread to think what's buried up there... :eek:

It's the biggest negative of living in London, you know something's bad when people thinking Epping Forest is the wilderness. :p