Seeking advice for mac OS X dvd inserts template/freeware

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tommytahoe, May 4, 2006.

1. tommytahoe macrumors newbie

Hi mac users,
    Just writing for a little advice regarding the creating & printing of labels/inserts for some DVD’s I burn at home. I have bought 100 DVD-R’s, and 100 black cases, and am about to buy some inserts (from Avery or CD Stomper or something). But was wondering if any of you know of a good inserts template/application for my iMac. I’m really hoping to find some freeware, but I guess cheapware is OK too, since not too much in life is really free. Any advice which one to get, and if it’ easy to use. I don’t need to create DVD labels. Just to import original DVD Cover Art onto the template, so i can have "real" looking DVD covers

Thanks,

Tom

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

In my experience, putting stickers on cds or dvds is a major pain. I would pony up for the lightscribe, which burns the image right on the disc - they're usually pretty cheap at staples.

3. tommytahoe thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

thanks. Actually, I'm gonna leave the discs as is. it's free/cheap software with templates to create the covers/inserts i'm curious about.

T.M.

4. psxnet macrumors newbie

I've tried a few free ones and didn't find any that i liked, I wound up buying Disclabel 3 from smileonmymac.com

It sells for $30 although they also have a free trial version you can use to see what it does, but all printouts in the trial version are watermarked.

http://www.smileonmymac.com/disclabel/download.html