Seen 28 Days Later yet?

Discussion in 'Community' started by P-Worm, Jun 29, 2003.

1. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I personally loved this movie. It was scary, but offered a lot more than just thrills. Even though none of the ideas are really new to the apocalyptic era genre, it felt very fresh. What do you guys think?

P-Worm

2. dynamicd macrumors 6502

I d/l it from bittorrent the other day and watched it. It was better than Resident Evil but still doesn't come close to Night of the Living Dead.

3. P-Worm thread starter macrumors 68020

P-Worm

really, I love Night of the Living dead, but I thought this brought more. Maybe it is a different experience on a computer monitor. I don't know. Maybe, I'm just weird. :)

P-Worm

4. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

it seems download worthy :) jk. i might see it but right now I cant spend any money :(

5. ouketii macrumors regular

i have been to the website and have watched the 6min preview a few dozen times, freaks me out every time. the music is awesome.

6. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

i just watched the trailer and the 6 minute preview and I was left with the following feeling: what the ****? I understand its like everone dies but I mean, what do the greenpeace-esque people have to do with the movie?

7. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

i was in europe recently - got back last week. i saw that as DVD on the dvd stores already. we had talked about it already (me and my bf) that we wanted to see it - so i bought it and had it sent to him at home already 2 weeks ago - he got it like a week ago, so days before it was released in the cinema in US. luckily we have 2 europe-coded dvd reading things at home, and 2 us-coded ones, so we can see the europe coded ones (and then make a region-free copy.). so we watched it home on dvd before it was on cinemas :)

8. dynamicd macrumors 6502

I think it's hard to do a zombie horror b/c zombie's are stupid. You don't get the feeling like the zombies are going to outsmart the people they're chasing. Maybe there are some zombie's who can get a 34 on a ACT and those are the ones who should be in the movies. Just a thought though...:rolleyes:

9. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Surely you will agree that not many people go to apocalyptic movies for the neural stimulation :)

10. dynamicd macrumors 6502

Haha, I guess not....but it's really not that suspensful if you think about it a little. Zombie are pretty much like drunk cannibals.

11. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

I've seen it twice in the theaters and in my opinion, it is one of the best post-apocalyptic-type movies ive ever seen. the photography is very interesting, the music is great and frenetic in just the right spots. the infected were created and dealt with very well on the part of the film makers. I cant wait until i can buy it on dvd

12. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

amazon.co.uk - if you can see PAL / region-2 (europe) coded movies. :D

13. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

but will they ship internationally?