Seen Digidesigns site? Intel,xp,sony

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by fourthtunz, Sep 17, 2002.

1. fourthtunz macrumors 6502a

fourthtunz

Whats up with The Digidesign site trumpeting their new 002 with xp.sony and intel? It's just that I find it ironic that firewire came from the Mac, the Mac is the dominant computer by far, to use
    Protools on and Digi has picked these 3 to runwith?
    Weird.
    Daniel:confused:

2. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Microsoft has invested in Avid

Digi's parent company.

It doesn't matter though because Digi's days are numbered in regards to Native Systems becoming more flexible and powerful. In 5 more years Native Systems will be able to accomplish everything Digi does without the expenditure of buying into dedicated Digi hardware.

3. fourthtunz thread starter macrumors 6502a

fourthtunz

Re: Microsoft has invested in Avid

Yes and I'm sure Digi will be there. I think alot of people really don't understand that when you record music for a living that its worth paying the extra for stability, integration,the best tools and right now it is still the #1 Daw in the world. The native tools will work for editing but you really can't do a full project,due latency and power. Believe me I am ready for something less expensive!
    Ensoniq came out with a great system called paris, which I owned but the price point was so low they couldn't make money and went kaput! Who knows I may end up on a Logic system!
    I forgot MS invested in Avid, makes Apples Logic purchase well, more logical! Peace
    Daniel