Seen Refurb MBPC2D's but where are the MBC2D's?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by butaro, Jan 13, 2007.

  1. butaro macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2006
    Location:
    Canada
    #1
    I've been holding out for pretty long on getting a MB, since about may of 2006 :p.
    I dont really "NEED" one until around April of this year and have been holding out for news of leopard & MB C2D refurbs to save some extra cash in advance. Did i put myself in a bad position? (April 2007) Im starting to think around this time is when leopard/ new rev MB/MBPs will be released and around that time is when i will NEED to have one. I can probably do without a computer for a week or two in April since i will probably have everything backed up to external HD.

    How soon until we start seeing the MB C2D refurbs?
    Sooner it is maybe the sooner i will buy one so the update in the coming months wont be so devasting if i buy one last minute hehe.
     
  2. iW00t macrumors 68040

    iW00t

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Location:
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    #2
    If you = student then just buy it under educational price. You probably save at most 100 bucks if you buy refurb...
     
  3. acoustics940 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2006
    #3
    Educational discount isnt nearly as much savings as refurbished. Macbook 799-1049 base model with edu discount and tax is 1150+
     
  4. adamyoshida macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2006
    #4
    It'll be real soon.

    But, if you want/need one, move on it quickly when you see it. They'll fly off the site.
     
  5. iW00t macrumors 68040

    iW00t

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Location:
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    #5
    That is not a valid comparison because the current MBs we see in the store priced at 799 are the Core Duo ones.

    When the Santa Rosa 'books arrive, perhaps THEN we will see the current C2D 'books drop to that price level, but even if they do show up today they will probably be a fair bit more than the CD models.
     
  6. buffalo macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2005
    Location:
    Colorado Springs / Ohio
    #6
    I'd expect to see the MB C2D refurb prices to be the same as the refurb CD prices were before C2D came out;

    $1,000 low-end white
    $1,099 mid-range white
    $1,299 black MacBook
     
  7. butaro thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2006
    Location:
    Canada
    #7
    Well my main problem is i will pretty much NEED one for april/may. However with the possible speed bump/leopard being released. Should i just buy it now? (refurb when they come out) Or wait until the absolute last minute.
    I fear that by waiting until april/may, when the upgrades finally do get released around that time, i will get a harder kick in the face :p.
     
  8. iW00t macrumors 68040

    iW00t

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Location:
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    #8
    Wait until the absolute last minute.

    Santa Rosa will be released by Intel in March according to some people right? I think May is a good time for Apple to release some updateZ.
     

Share This Page