Sega Rally Revo

Discussion in 'Games' started by zero2dash, Jan 17, 2007.

1. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

IGN posted some pictures of Sega Rally Revo (and remarked that these were Ps3 screens). No mention of whether these were in-game or not, but I believe they are since there's jaggies on the bumper in the shot with the Impreza WRX.

I'm glad about seeing these shots for one major reason: I've always loved Sega Rally and I had no idea they were making another one! :D

This will be coming out on Ps3, 360, and PC and I expect it to be similar, graphically, between the three.

Anyone else out there a Sega Rally fan?

[Please keep this an OT, flame-free thread.] :)

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah they will all look pretty much identical but remember the pc version will have to scale down though.

I saw 360 pics a week or so ago and looked identical, I think these must be replay shots as there are no on screen information like you would get whilst playing the game.

Looks good, will have to see how this and codemasters Dirt Racing game compare.

If only my friend. We'll keep our fingers crossed ;)

3. zero2dash thread starter macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

True, I'm just hoping they're not trying to "pull a Killzone 2" and pass off CG as in-game. :D

4. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

bigrell486

As good as these screen shots look, in-game ir otherwise, my problem with the Sega Rally franchise is that the games aren't that great. I've got the Saturn version of Sega Rally Championship and the Dreamcast version of Sega Rally 2 and they are average rally racing games at best.

The cars were all very loose, even for a rally game, and the gameplay just seemed a little odd, espcially in Sega Rally 2.

If anyone wants to refresh their memories, Sega still has the demo of both games here:
    http://www.sega.com/support/support.php?item=support_games#pc

Unfortunately the demos are PC only but that shouldn't be a problem for most; The first Sega Rally isn't very demanding on hardware and can be played perfectly fine within you Virtualization software of choice. You'll need boot camp for Sega Rally 2.

5. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

I'll wait for Colin McCrae's rally game......

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah "DIRT" is looking HOT and I'm not really a big racing game fan :) I'm useless at them to be honest.

7. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

I'm a Sega Rally fan... heck, I am just a Sega fan in general.

I really, really hope this means we will see a new Daytona game in the near future. Seriously. Daytona Racing will go down as one of the best games ever made, if you ask me.

Rooooooooolling start!!!

8. kjr39 macrumors 6502

I am looking forward to it and getting a wheel when it comes out. :D

9. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

bigrell486

Yeah Daytona USA was great!

But more important than "Rolling Start!!" was "Blue, Blue Skies, I see!!!!" :D