Segway. Concept Centaur

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Oct 20, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Not a bad design, but you'd be leaning over a lot, especially uncomfortable if you were on it for a long time.

Don't know if there is a market for it, either. One thing that would be nice would be some place to store stuff you might happen to buy - but honestly, where would you park the thing? Not exactly something you'd leave on the sidewalk and it would be a bit cumbersome in a store....

Oh, and could you get two people on that?

D

3. brap macrumors 68000

There's a market for quad bikes... this like a hippy version...
    Heh. Parking could be an issue, but then, I'm sure there are plenty of rich kids who'd want one 'just because'. Not mass-marketable, but profitable, probably.

2 people... hmm... one sitting, another standing on the rear axle (if you can call it that), like the bloke in the Segway blurb. Could be fun. Once I'm rich and flippant :)

4. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Appears to be a more of an ATV type of vehicle. And will probably go faster than the Segway.

6. Studawg7 macrumors regular

i love this product! being a mechE it reminds me of my mini-baja race days in undergrad. its just like a quad but without gas, brilliant. I think there is a market for a fun vehicle that someone could enjoy a saturday afternoon on. This product wouldnt be for your daily commute. Maybe some eggs, bread, and milk... but i think they def. want a recreation vehicle.

I'll take one!

cheers