Seized Cars, Scam?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by *Y*, Jul 14, 2006.

1. *Y* macrumors regular

Oct 19, 2004
    Hey guys,

I was wondering if this site and sites like that are scams or if these auctions really exist and it is possible to get a good car for cheap. I am leaning toward the scam but has anyone ever had any experience with this? I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

2. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Jun 7, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah there are police auctions all the time and its not just cars that you can get. Here's a police auction website for San Diego.

Here is another site that was linked from the one above.

Though my advice is make sure you do either in person (check with the police in your area to find out when the live auction dates are) or through a secure site because you're right there are probably scammers out there on the web.
  3. evoluzione macrumors 68010

Jul 19, 2002
    down the road, that's where i'll always be
    i've always wondered about these things...and whilst i'm sure there are some legit auctions that offer this stuff, that site seems a bit dodgy to me...

i did a search for BMW and typed in my local area code and it came up with 281 BMWs in my area (i'm in Woodstock, NY, not that many beemers here). I figured it may be a wide search area, so i used an NYC zip code...same number, 281. fair enough, then i tried a Las Vegas zip...guess what, 281 BMWs "in my area", exacctly the same list of cars too.

take from that what you will :)
  4. nessiewolfe macrumors newbie

Jun 7, 2009
    Seized cars weren't scam!

I know you might this reply, but I'm telling you this: there are really seized cars which are still in good working condition. Wanna know where to find them? Check out: Alameda County Auction. You may there lots of great cars!

See yah! :)
  5. mac88 macrumors 6502

Aug 7, 2008
    Boston, MA.