Selecting folders in Icon view

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iChief, May 14, 2005.

1. iChief macrumors member

iChief

As a Switcher (since Aug 04) I must say I miss being able to select multiple folders just by holding down shift and dragging over the files a là Windoze. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but in Icon view in Finder I find I have to hold Shift and click on each File/Folder with an individual trackpad click (I own a 12" iBook 1GHz running OS 10.3.9) Am I missing the obvious ?

PS I've had no trouble converting to Control-Clicking - I thought I'd miss a two-button mouse, but I don't.

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i'm not sure if i understand your question but you can click and drag the mouse creating a box and drag, or you can hold apple/command and and click

3. drsuse macrumors member

4. iChief thread starter macrumors member

iChief

I don't believe it!! I feel so dumb! :eek: It's so simple, I should have realised it would be as straight forward as that on a Mac.

Yes, you did understand the question correctly and I can see why you might have been a bit perplexed by it. It's so simple now that you've pointed out the solution. Like I said, I'm a recent convert (8 months now) and all this time in Icon view I've been individually Shift-Clicking when I wanted to select multiple folders. Or Selecting All then individually Shift-Clicking the folders I wanted to de-select! Haha. :D I can laugh now but as they say here in Ireland - I feel like a right eejit! Thanks Puckhead193