Self-Inflicted Wounds

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Aug 6, 2004.

1. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan
    It just doesn't get any better, does it? Why has so little been spent on infrastructure? What has the US done with the money?
    Sorry, I posted this before, but it needs revisiting when you read reports like the above.
    WTF? :confused:
  2. blackfox macrumors 65816

Feb 18, 2003
    You know, this reminds me of a related recent story out of Iraq, where Allawi offered amnesty to any "insurgents", which was a smart move from a political/practical standpoint, and would've done much to reconcile things between factions and make Allawi out to be more of an independent leader...the US, however, stepped in and forced an amendment to the offer, which excluded any amnesty for those who may have harmed US the deal fell apart, and Allawi lost any attempt at legitimacy he may have had a chance for...

Much of Iraq, is de-facto ruled by various insurgent forces/militias, most notably Sadr City (pop 2.2 million), by Sadr...

Another interesting thing to note is how Iraq has dropped off the Media radar since transfer of "sovereignty"...even though things are worse for US forces, judged by casualties...but this lack of attention makes it difficult to demand a practical and substantive strategy for US goals and possible withdrawal from Iraq...

Anyways, thanks for the info, Skunk...
  3. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Oct 21, 2002
    Based on the title, I thought this was a thread about Kerry's purple hearts. ;) :D
  4. zimv20 macrumors 601

Jul 18, 2002
    and sends the message the US lives are more important than iraqi lives