Self Motivation

Discussion in 'Community' started by scem0, Nov 27, 2003.

1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I think I have a problem with self motivation.

I should wake up early tomorrow and exercise... I should have gone to bed early. This would be the best thing for me to do. It would benifit me the most. But instead I am going to stay up all night and then head over to Circuit City so I can get some electronic equipment to make sitting on my ass that much more fun.

I do **** like this all the time... I think we all do. I know I should eat healthy, but I just can’t seem to stay away from junior bacon cheeseburgers and ramen. Can you say 'good deal'?

I don't think I have a major problem with self motivation, but I think it is as much of an issue in my life as it is in other people's lives.

What do y'all do to motivate yourselves to do what you know is right?

scem0

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Well, I often try to think of what my life will be like in 30-40 years from now (I'm 20 now). Eating, excercise, school....all these things will affect me in time. If I don't do a good job now, I'll be paying for it with poor health, premature death, and a crappy car later on. I just try to think long term, and suddenly things such as eating a hamburger or watching a TV show become so trivial in the grand scheme of things.

3. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

But usually I make excuses like 'if I don't eat this junior bacon cheeseburger then who cares if I live an extra year if I'm not enjoying it to the fullest'...

scem0

4. coopdog macrumors 6502a

scem0 are you over weight? If not and you exercise with school or something who cares? Eat whatever.

I swim up to 4 hours a day with my school and after that I will eat anything. But I will only eat fast food about once a month just because that **** tastes bad and makes me sick to my stomach.:rolleyes: I really wouldn't think how the fast food is going to lower your life span but more of what are the 2000 calories and 50g of fat going to do.

Did you know a can of coke has so much sugar that it messes up your natural body PH for over a week? I don't care though.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

scem0 from what I know of you, your a well adjusted young man. One that I'm sure that your parents are very proud.

With life it is best to take it one day at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow for it will take care if itself. You are on a short holiday vacation and should enjoy yourself. Nothing wrong with sleeping in late. I got up at 9:16am EST.

You should be able to enjoy food. Set a goal to eat healthy. Occasional favorite foods allowed. Otherwise life would be no fun.