Sell and Wait? - OR - Hold on and sell, then buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mjstew33, Nov 17, 2005.

  1. mjstew33 macrumors 601

    mjstew33

    Joined:
    May 29, 2005
    Location:
    Illinois
    #1
    Ok, now that the iBooks are going to be updated, should I sell and get a good price on my iBook (14", 1.42GHz, 80GB, 1.5GB) and wait for the Intel Macs?

    OR

    Wait until the Intel iBooks are out and get a $600 and below price range for my iBook compared to about $1,000+? I don't want a Rev. A, and would hold out until I see that there are no "big" problems - if there aren't any.. I would just buy a Rev. A, what the hell.

    I've got a iMac G5 17" 1.9GHz on it's way for use at my Mom's house. Got a broken iBook 14" 1.42 (cracked screen) that I could hook up to a display for at my Dad's house for usage until my 13.3" iBook gets here :D (hopefully 13.3")

    What would you do? :confused:
     
  2. mjstew33 thread starter macrumors 601

    mjstew33

    Joined:
    May 29, 2005
    Location:
    Illinois
  3. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

    feakbeak

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2003
    Location:
    Michigan
    #3
    I think you have enough Macs that it really doesn't matter what you do. :D
     
  4. mjstew33 thread starter macrumors 601

    mjstew33

    Joined:
    May 29, 2005
    Location:
    Illinois
    #4
    :D :eek: :cool:
     
  5. ericssonboi macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2005
    #5
    Sell your ibook and use the 14" ibook with the cracked screen for the time being. Its not that big of hassle is it.
     
  6. Bear macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2002
    Location:
    Sol III - Terra
    #6
    If you will use it, keep it.

    If it won't get used you might as well sell it.
     
  7. tekmoe macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2005
    #7
    i'd say sell it now. it's an ibook. :rolleyes:

    i really can't hate on the ibooks too much though...the 12" ibook IS what got me to make the switch in the first place... :p
     
  8. mjstew33 thread starter macrumors 601

    mjstew33

    Joined:
    May 29, 2005
    Location:
    Illinois
    #8
    It's my main computer. I think I'm keeping it. I <3 my iBook. I'll get a Rev. C Inteli PowerBook :D
     
  9. generik macrumors 601

    generik

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2005
    Location:
    Minitrue
    #9
    I'd say sell it, the value of PPC macs may just bottom out when Intel macs come out.

    1) they are faster
    2) they are cheaper
    3) PPC macs are *obsolete*
     
  10. yoda13 macrumors 65816

    yoda13

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2003
    Location:
    Texas
    #10
    I'd say hold on to it. I wouldn't buy a revision A Intel product, but that is just me.;)
     
  11. Xephian macrumors 6502a

    Xephian

    Joined:
    May 2, 2005
    Location:
    United States
    #11
    Yeah, I'd do that. The software and hardware may be very buggy and limited.
     

Share This Page