Sell Apple stock...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GFLPraxis, Jun 8, 2005.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    For those of you who have Apple stock...

It struck me that for the next half-year, Apple might suffer bad sales as people who don't get that PowerPC Macs will NOT be outdated in two years ( see this thread ) will hold off from buying PowerPC Macs.

Apple's sales will probably go down. I must have seen a hundred people proclaiming "I won't buy another Mac till they go Intel".

So...Apple stock owners, just completely IMHO, it might be a good time to sell temporarily. What do you guys think?
  2. cwerdna macrumors 6502

Jan 19, 2005
    SF Bay Area, California
    I have a bit of their stock. I have a slight paper loss because I paid too much for it.

Personally, I think their hardware sales will be hurt somewhat in the short term. I'm not sure if it'll be all across the board or just the high end (which has had declining sales anyway). I think it's a long term good move for them and that they made the right choice. They had to do it eventually given the slow rate of G5 improvement and no G5 laptops.

- For those that want a Mac now for whatever reason, they might still buy. Maybe they might buy a lower end machine than what was originally intended (I'm on that boat)
    - For those who have a pretty usable machine now and were thinking of upgrading, they'll probably wait.
    - For those that don't understand the news and don't think they care, they'll still buy.
    - For those that REALLY NEED a Mac. It'll make almost 0 difference.
  3. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

Nov 19, 2003
    I'm going to hang on to my 10 shares for now thanks.

I'm hoping the switch to Intel & subsequent drop in system prices (here's hoping right!?) will bring the marketshare to more than 4%....thus increasing the stocks a bit :) maybe a split or two.
  4. x_Viper_x macrumors newbie

May 23, 2005
  5. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    I expect a big stock jump when the Intel Macs come out. Short term drop, long term rise.

Basicly, they lose money as people hold off then gain money as everyone buys the first Intel all at once.
  6. mcarnes macrumors 68000

Mar 14, 2004
    USA! USA!
    Yeah, and they've got more than enough cash to whether the storm in the meantime. Plus the iPod will keep their profit high.