Sell my 12" Powerbook??

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by umichiganmac, Jul 11, 2007.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2007
    #1
    A couple of weeks ago my PB hard drive died on me... very sad and unexpected. My applecare was up in April... so i was SOL.

    I am having the HD replaced with a 100 gig, and I started wondering if I should move on up to a MacBook. Is that a good move at this point, or should I wait?

    I don't have a **** ton of money, so I would have to fetch a pretty good price for my PB - what would be a good asking price??

    100 gig hard drive
    1.25 ram
    1.5 GHz
    Superdrive
    12" Powerbook
     
  2. macrumors 68030

    Capt Underpants

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2003
    Location:
    Austin, Texas
    #2
    I would put a buy it now on ebay for $700. People here aren't stupid enough to pay that much for a 12" Powerbook, but ebay people are.
     
  3. Moderator emeritus

    mkrishnan

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2004
    Location:
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    #3
    Yeah, $700 seems very doable on eBay. I would guess your eBay auction results would likely be somewhere from $650-800 shipped, and probably about $600 shipped, here.
     
  4. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2004
    Location:
    Australia
    #4
    Good old ebay. Every seller there acts like they have ten starving children to feed. :D
    I've seen 12" PB's with the same specs as yours (other than the HDD) go for around 700-800.
    Assuming yours is in good condition, I'd say the your prospects are pretty good.

    Amazing what people with pay for a old PB :rolleyes:
     
  5. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 15, 2007
    #5
    I bought a 12" model recently off of E-Bay for under 400. I found it to be useful for carrying around on campus. It's small, light, and looks nice. Also it's good for basic stuff like taking notes.
     
  6. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2007
    #6
    I'm very interested

    You have PM
     
  7. macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 7, 2006
    #7
    im going travelling/teaching abroad 'indefinitely', and in all honesty, im considering selling my mint sr 2.2 mbp i got about two weeks ago as a replacement for my rev a 1.83 mbp, for two thousand some-odd dollars picking up a 12" for like 5-7 hundred, and pocketing the difference...
     
  8. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2004
    Location:
    Toronto, ON
    #8
    For what it's worth, I regret getting rid of my 12" PB. I have the 13" BlackBook, but it just isn't the same. Given the choice, I would upgrade the HD, presuming that everything else is fine on the computer.
     
  9. macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2005
    #9
    I totally agree...I love my 12" PB...it died of graphics card failure, but i'm looking at getting it fixed and that'll probably cost me b/w 100 and 350...but, it was/is my first Mac and it'll work for quite a few more years as a great traveling lappy...just my two cents
     

Share This Page