Sell scratched up iphone w/3rd party red front screen and back, or OOW replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rbai63, Dec 19, 2012.

1. macrumors member

What would I be better off doing? I have an iphone 5 now but just wanted to know what should get me more money back for selling my old 4.

I have a 32gb ATT iphone 4 with 3rd party red screen front and back, the front is fairly scratched up, nothing too deep but it is noticable, and the back has a shatter on one of the corners.

I was debating on selling the phone as is on ebay, or try getting an OOW replacement 149 for 4 or 199 for 4s if they dont have any more normal 4 (s)

I could sell the OOW replacement like new or refurb but what would you all do in my shoes?

2. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I would get the new/refurb phone and sell. Can you get it unlocked?

3. thread starter macrumors member

Im not sure? If I could I would.

4. macrumors 68030

Like I said in your other thread on this exact issue, you won't get an OOW replacement.

5. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Because he voided the warranty all together by changing it? I was thinking that is a problem.

6. macrumors 68030

Apple won't replace iPhones that have been misused or abused (which is what this is classed as). The only option for the op would be to buy a new phone.