sell windows pc and wait for intel mini?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dustintendo, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. Dustintendo macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2005
    #1
    i have an ibook now, but i kinda wanna go completely mac... how much could i get for this thing though?

    its
    amd athlon 2600+
    1 gig pc2700 ram
    evga 6600gt
    80gb hard drive
    sony dvd burner


    enough to buy a mini i wonder?
     
  2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

    yoda13

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2003
    Location:
    Texas
    #2
    I don't know enough about the PC market to know for sure, but I don't see why you couldn't get close if you couldn't get all of it. Don't buy yet though, rumors of new minis next week.;)
     
  3. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2004
    #3
    that pc is worth more than a mini, for sure. But I would part it and sell the vid card. That's at least $110 by itself
     
  4. Dustintendo thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2005
    #4

    how much do you think i could get if i parted it?
     
  5. kahos macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2005
  6. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

    sw1tcher

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2004
    #6
    amd athlon 2600+ = ~$80-$90
    1 gig pc2700 ram = ~$50-$70
    evga 6600gt = ~$90
    80gb hard drive = ~$25
    sony dvd burner = ~$40

    TOTAL = $285-$315
     
  7. generik macrumors 601

    generik

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2005
    Location:
    Minitrue
    #7
    Nope, sadly parts like these aren't worth much these days.. my parents have a computer with similar specs, and it is almost 3 years old!
     
  8. kahos macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2005
    #8
    Im also considering selling my PC and finally switching to a Mac.
    Only problem is that im not sure how much I should ask for it:

    Athlon 64 3000+ (venice) / Asus A8V
    2x512mb kingston hyper-x DDR 400
    ATI radeon X800XL 256mb agp
    80gb sata HDD / 16x dvd drive /Pioneer DVR110 16x DL dvd burner
    Antec sonata I case.

    Any input would be greatly appreciated :eek:

    (sorry for the threadjacking, I didnt want to start a similar thread)
     
  9. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

    maxterpiece

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2003
    #9
    Based on ebay I would say $550 range.

    To both of you though, there is no rush. Wait and see if the intel mac mini is released and then decide. Mac owners have incentive to sell before new releases because the new releases drive down their computers' prices, but a mac mini isn't gonna have any effect on the PC market.
     

Share This Page