Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vendettabass

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
Wellington, New Zealand
OK, so I'm after a nice ACD for my MacBook (after MWSF of course), so am going to sell my PC to generate some cash, and was wondering if it'd be more profitable selling as parts or as a whole. Heres the specs:

Intel Pentium D 3.00Ghz
1GB DDR2 PC533 RAM
200GB SATA Hard Drive (7200rpm)
NVidia 6600 DDR2 PCX
Intel 915P Chipset motherboard
Dual Layer DVD/RW
Speeze QuadraFlow processor cooling fan
550w Silent PSU

Sony SDMS95 19' Monitor

I need around £350 more for an ACD.. is it possible realistically?

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
OK, so I'm after a nice ACD for my MacBook (after MWSF of course), so am going to sell my PC to generate some cash, and was wondering if it'd be more profitable selling as parts or as a whole. Heres the specs:

Intel Pentium D 3.00Ghz
1GB DDR2 PC533 RAM
200GB SATA Hard Drive (7200rpm)
NVidia 6600 DDR2 PCX
Intel 915P Chipset motherboard
Dual Layer DVD/RW
Speeze QuadraFlow processor cooling fan
550w Silent PSU

Sony SDMS95 19' Monitor

I need around £350 more for an ACD.. is it possible realistically?

Is it possible realistically? Certainly. I'd pay that much for a computer of that specification if I was in the market for one, seeing as I see people paying £500 for computers that are brand new and have half that spec. I think you might get more for it if you sell the parts seperately, but it's less hassle to sell it as a package.

menthol moose

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2006
Just a heads up, here. If I recall correctly, Intel's 915 chipset doesn't support dual-core processors. If you can prove me wrong, please do so, however, because I've got a 915 chipset motherboard I'd like to upgrade to dual-core.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.