Selling a TiBook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by plutnicki, May 30, 2006.

1. plutnicki macrumors regular

Anyone bought or sold a used TiBook recently? I'm looking on craigslist and ebay, to get a feel for what I should sell mine for, but can find very little to compare it too (and the ones that are close, seem to be outrageously priced?).

Mines a 1Ghz Tibook, 1 Gig memory, 60 gig drive, Airport built in and a new Battery from Newer Technologies that's been working great. Case is absolutely mint... 2 chargers, etc..

I see some older systems going for $500 or less, and some newer systems going for over a grand... Nothing in the middle much...

Seems like $600/$700 would be right?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

2. Acehigh macrumors 6502

Is the Screen working? Superdrive? If so you can get $700 easy on ebay. People pay insane prices for them. But then again they retail for over 3k. or did they drop the price on the 1Ghz? I know my 867 was expensive!

You should net $700 after fees (ebay, Paypal)

you might get $800 if you have the boxes

3. Macer macrumors regular

There is a market place section for selling stuff.

4. plutnicki thread starter macrumors regular

It works fine

Yeah, the screen works great, and it does have a Superdrive. No box, but I do have documentation.

Not trying to sell it here, seeing if anyone has bought or seen similar sold...

5. Macer macrumors regular

6. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

I found a buyer on Powerbookcental.

Sold it for $350.

So yours, maybe 600 or so.

7. Nate4747 macrumors regular

I'd say 700 east. The TiBook is pretty sought after, kinda like the cube. If I were you I would try all eBay alternatives first though, to avoid fees. eBay is getting really bad about the fees.