Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r-sparks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
England
Anybody know the most fuss-free method of selling an iBook in the UK? I've not enough postings to use the Marketplace forum here (I'm a reader more than a poster :rolleyes:), and I've not got an eBay account or even PayPal.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
What spec?? I would ask a friend to auction it on eBay or something like that. I recently sold mine to someone who wanted a first mac for £400. Not bad for a 1GHz. Target people

r-sparks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
England
What spec?? I would ask a friend to auction it on eBay or something like that. I recently sold mine to someone who wanted a first mac for £400. Not bad for a 1GHz. Target people

Yeah, I've taken a peek at eBay auctions to get an idea of value. It looks like Apple products don't depreciate too badly. They're the Volkswagen of the computing world.

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Craiglist UK? Don't think that gets much use, really.

Do you goto college or anything? People used to stick notices on the info boards in Art College with Macs and stuff for sale when I went... which admittedly wasn't very often, but thats beside the point.

Roba

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2006
If i want to sell a laptop i mainly use Loot now. Try them it is free to advertise with them. I have sold 2 laptops so far through Loot. You get cash in your hand and you also do not need to pay any Ebay fees or paypal fees either. They put your ad on their website for one week and they put it in their paper for one day. I sold one of the laptops the first time i listed it with Loot and i sold the 2nd laptop after i had listed with them 2 times. You can pay if you want the ad to run for more than one day. You will need to use Firefox or IE to place an ad with them as i have found that it is impossible to place an ad with them using the Safari browser. I tried Craigslist and never again as i just got spam through there.
http://loot.com/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.