Selling Apple on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by poppe, Jun 5, 2006.

1. poppe macrumors 68020

Apr 29, 2006
    Woodland Hills
    I'm starting a store on Ebay so I can sell things, and I was just wondering if you all could help me out? Please also send me any advice and tips because I have no clue where to start, but what can you do?

First question: Do I need a whole sale license?

2: Where could I get whole sale products?

3: I would love to start a store that would also sell at least iPods, how hard would this be?

Most likely I will just sell various electronics and see where I can go from there.

Please let me know becuase I am ignorant to all this "Ebay" stuff
  2. adk macrumors 68000

Nov 11, 2005
    Stuck in the middle with you
    As far as selling ipods, why would people buy ipods from you when they could get them for the same price from a reputable non-ebay retailer (There are little or no profit margins on ipods)?
  3. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

Apr 29, 2006
    Woodland Hills
  4. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

Aug 5, 2005
    Manchester UK
    Then you probably shouldn't invest too much money in to setting up a shop. I would start small (very small) and see how it all works. Then you can go from there.
  5. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Aug 11, 2005
    Behind the lens
    Good luck with that.

buy low sell high.

everyone on eBay with that business model, makes money.

many have a LOCKDOWN on some parts of eBay.

digital scales
    radar detectors
    iPod accessories
    car accessories

These people know where to get things cheap and can always undercut anyone else on eBay sellling the same thing. Its why you cant really sell a digital scale for example, because you can buy a new one from an eBay business for much less.

Finding a place to buy low is the key.

Everyone with a successful business on eBay has the right connections.

Find yours, and you are golden.

ps: if you actually said "I am ignorant about all this eBay stuff"....and you want to use eBay as a storefront, maybe you need to reconsider. eBay as a marketplace storefront is not for "newbs".