Selling iPod, questions about Applecare Transfer

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Cfg5, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Cfg5 macrumors regular

Once I receive my replacement iPod Mini from Apple, I will most likely sell it. It still has 5 months of Applecare on it, so I can probably get an extra $15-20 out of it. I read the terms and know how to transfer the coverage to a new owner, but I don't have a receipt of my purchase. I know the exact location and date of the purchase though. If I don't have a receipt, am I **** out of luck, or are there other options?

-Thanks

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Apple refused my Applecare transfer on a powerbook multiple times. I had every bit of information required except the original receipt. Because I told the buyer that Applecare was included, I ended up just buying them another 3 years or however long it is.

Basically, I don't think apple will allow a transfer without the original receipt, no matter how nice you are.

3. Cfg5 thread starter macrumors regular

Damn. I moved about a year ago (I bought it 1 1/2 years ago) and have requested repairs on it from my new location and haven't had to change my address in my applecare agreement (I registered the Applecare before I moved). I think as long as I'm logged in with the same Apple ID then it doesn't really matter. Could I just give my Apple ID to the buyer? (It has no credit card info or personal info linked to it)

I don't know if anyone will understand what I just wrote.

Or I could just mention that it has 5 months of Applecare left but I won't be able to transfer the ownership but if they wanna try to use it then go for it.