Selling iPod to someone in Spain...Safe?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MattyMac, Oct 2, 2006.

1. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I'm selling my iPod nano in the marketplace and there is an interested party from spain. They have great ebay feedback and are verified paypal. Is it safe to sell. Just curious and taking precaustions. Anyone with experience let me know. THanks.

2. ehayut macrumors member

3. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

eBay feedback and a verified Paypal is about as good as you can get. I'd worry a bit but you've done all you can. Plus, Paypal I think has some sort of guarantee thing... up to maybe $500?

4. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I have no idea, I just never shipped there before and was naturally worried. They seem like a very nice person and have great ebay feedback, and are paypal verified so I went through with the deal.

Sweet thanks for the help, just a little precautious thats all.

5. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

If you ask yourself whether it is safe enough then it isn't.
    eBay feedback means nothing. Accounts get hijacked all the time.

I am sure anyone in Spain will find someone in Spain to sell them an iPod if they want one.

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Where does their 'great feedback' come from, buyers or sellers? I've seen many scams where someone will purchase a bunch of very cheap items in order to increase their rating. Make sure you check that out, rather than just relying on a number.

Also, remember that accounts get hijacked all the time, and the perhaps reputable person's account you see is not the same person that you are dealing with.

7. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I'd just wait until they'd paid me by PayPal and then I'd post the item. If you're selling, you're in control.

8. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Of course I was paid before I sent it out.

9. Queso macrumors G4

iPods were virtually unheard of in Spain until very recently. You just don't see the white earbuds in large numbers anywhere, even in the centre of Barcelona they're a rarity.