Selling Mac games, where to go?

Discussion in 'Games' started by LukeW, Nov 24, 2006.

1. LukeW macrumors member

Was having a big clear out the other day, and now I bought myself a slim PS2 (mainly for Ico and Shadow of Colossus, plus the two metal gears) and soon a Wii once that launches in the UK, I realised I hardly play any of the Mac games I own any more, Halo and Unreal Tournament 2004 mainly, a few others now and again maybe, but most are just sitting around gathering dust. They are in good condition and I have the boxes somewhere, so I figured since I am no longer a student and money is now more of an issue since the student loan is no longer coming in alas, I just wondered if anyone had any ideas where I could sell any of the old ones?
    I figured I would try the Marketplace on here once I get enough posts. I guess I could try eBay but I dont know if there would be any interest and frankly I dont want to open a sellers account JUST to sell a few games. I dont think Game or Gamestation would take them in trade ins (do they?) so I am a little stuck.
    I havent listed what ones are for sale because I dont want anyone to think I am trying to get around the Marketplace :p and spam the board for sellers, I have no idea where I should go to? Any help much appreciated.
    Delete/lock if inappropriate!

2. R.R.Mac macrumors regular

R.R.Mac

i would go ebay or amazon.

do you live in the UK?

3. LukeW thread starter macrumors member

4. R.R.Mac macrumors regular

R.R.Mac

there is a high demand for amazon and ebay in the UK so i would go there first then!:)

5. LukeW thread starter macrumors member

Really? Hmm, I dont really want to set up an account though unless I could possiblye avoid it, would involve registering a card etc, and specially for the small ammount of money I probably would end up getting for them I am not sure it would be worth it.
    Hmm.

6. jfr001 macrumors newbie

I tried recently to sell on eBay all the old games I couldn't play
    with (you know : MacIntel only run OSX apps).
    Well, I was quite surprised that I sold everything, in the range of 3 to 8 euros.
    Quickly done, and with the money I'll buy extra RAM.
    I would recommend it.

7. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

You should be able to get £20 to £25 for UT2004 on eBay. I got close to £30 a few months back.

I think the Apple Store is still trying to gouge people for £40 or something ridiculous.

It's a very popular game. Same goes for Halo.

Go for eBay rather than here, as they are in demand and will you benefit from people bidding against each other through the auction system.

8. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

9. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

How about the buy/sell forum on Inside Mac Games? There are some UK folks there.

--Eric