Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azure247

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
Hi everyone. This is my first time selling a laptop and I have a potential buyer asking me how much I would sell it for at a Buy-it-now price. Should I consider that or leave the auction open for bids? I also have some pictures. Do you guys know how much it is worth?

My MBP has a chipped corner and a minuscule dent (the dent due to the encase sleeve zipper smashing at it because the inner closure didnt fully cover the metal zipper from touching the MBP-learned my lesson here!). That encase sleeve also caused an abrasion on the tapered end of the case about an inch wide. I wish I could sue the company for designing such a faulty sleeve but whats done is done and I use the zipper-free sleeves now.

Aside from the mentioned condition, everything else looks like what a new MBP would look like.

Thanks guys :D
IMG_0094.jpg

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

IMG_0185.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

azure247

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

If the starting price is 1,100 from mac2sell, how would should I adjust it for? 100 dollars decrease for every imperfection on the case?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.