Selling My Old iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by kzg, Aug 19, 2006.

1. kzg macrumors member

I recently got a brand new 30gb Video iPod using the student rebate. My friend wants to buy my old iPod and the accessories i had for it. I want to give him a fair price. What would be a fair price for the following all together: 20gb 4g iPod with firewire+usb cables, AC Adapter, iTrip and a silicon cover.

I've already looked on ebay, but i can't seem to get a good grasp of what these things are going for. Thanks in advance for any information.

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Go to ebay, look for _used_ iPods (because frankly 99 percent of brand new iPods on sale there are scams anyway), then look for those whose auction is just finishing (you can sort on time until auction finishes) and check what they actually sell for.

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

i actually just started a thread a week ago about this when i sold mine, $100-130 is the fair price, maybe $115-120 since you have all those cables and an iTrip. I don't know the condition your iPod is in though, mine was pristine :)

4. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Why dont you just look under completed listings on ebaY?

5. aviationwiz macrumors regular

You could look in the Marketplace forum to see if anything similar has gone for sale lately. It's really a shame that people can't post even feelers with under 100 posts, :mad:

*gets post count up to post in Marketplace*

6. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

I recently sold my 20GB 3G iPod on eBay for $115 (it was in decent shape, and had a new battery in it). I tried to sell it on here for as little at $100 shipped but no takers. Sold on eBay via Buy It Now...

7. shuffle1 macrumors member

If he wasn't a friend...

...I could see doing a little research to get the price as close to fair market value as possible. But since you said he WAS a friend, does it matter if you're off by $20? Make his day, tell him to give you a $100 and be done with it...

PS: I'm half-kidding with this. If you do need the most you can get for it right now, I totally understand. I was just picturing your friend asking how much you wanted for your old iPod and then the lights dimming as you start a Keynote presentation, complete with graphs and pie-charts, showing current used iPod prices as compared with new, and where you think the trend is going, etc...

8. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Haha nice image there

9. chhorlimsgren macrumors newbie

10. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I'd say 100-130, depending on condition.

Do remember that you can get a 30GB 5G Video iPod for 200 dollars refurbed, which will carry a warranty and all the extra functionality.