Selling OS X. Do I "deregister"?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TimDaddy, Nov 16, 2003.

1. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    I am selling my old copy of Jaguar on eBay. I bought it, and then bought a G4 iMac with it preinstalled a few months later. I just realized I still had everything for Jaguar and that I could make a few bucks on eBay from it. I did register online when I first installed it on the G3. So, is this going to cause difficulty when the new owner tries to install it? Is there a way to cancel my registration or something to that effect?

2. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I don't think it's necessary. I gave my copies of OS X to my girlfriend when I got Panther since she was still on 10.1 and registration went smoothly for her without any complications.

3. TimDaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    Cool. I was having visions of me on the ground in my underwear first thing in the morning with an FBI agent's knee in my back. Cold mornings in KY here. My nipples would get hard.:eek:

Really, didn't want the new owner to be unable to use his or her product, and I definately didn't want to be suspected of piracy.

4. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Apple seems to have little or no security for its OS. I guess that's one of the perks of paying the $130 annual upgrade fee for the BMW of computing. Less hassle. And for someone who has had to deal with activation issues for QuarkXPress, believe me--I know what a genuine hassle is.

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yep, won't be a problem, they can register it themselves if they want. it's perfectly legal, and apple typically doesn't usually disable legal functionality...

pnw