Selling parts of PowerBook G4 DVI

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by lucab1982, Apr 19, 2006.

1. macrumors member

Right,

As soon as my exams finish I plan to buy a MacBook Pro, which will hopefully go Rev. B by then (June). In order to partly fund this project I have to sell or sell parts of my old DVI Titanium Powerbook 800mhz.

My question is, what would you do? 1. Sell the parts? Airport cards are going for around £80 here in the UK, 2. Sell the whole thing as a unit? I have a sneaky suspicion that by selling the bits and pieces it may be more hassle but reap higher profits.

The spec is as follows:
    PowerBook G4 800Mhz DVI
    1GB DDR RAM (144-pin DIMM) 2x512
    80GB 5400RPM HD (upgraded)
    Matsushita UJ-815 DVD-R/RAM/RW (multi-region firmware revision)
    15.2" TFT LCD Screen (replaced March 2005)
    Apple AirPort Card

Any advise would be most appreciated..

2. macrumors newbie

rastare1a

mine died so I'm selling the parts

I'm parting out my 1.33 PB G4 since it is likely the motherboard is fried. I don't really have a choice. It is much easier to sell the whole thing, but probably worth more if you part it out. It is also more work. That's the trade off. Personally I don't think the extra hassle of parting it out is worth the money. Just sell it and be happy with your new macbook pro.

Good luck

rastar

3. macrumors 6502

gman71882

Well im already interested in the DVD drive... is it original to the system so its 3+ years old? or is it a newer one?

I had my superdrive replaced last Aug by Apple under warranty and it just went out 2 weeks after my Apple care warranty finished. :mad::mad: :mad: