Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Omad0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2002
Seattle, WA
Hi all, I'm typing from my new G4 Dual 867, and now i've got an extra computer to sell. the thing is I have no idea how much it's worth or how to figure it out. It's a G4 400 Mghz sawtooth computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Steve

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
I'd buy it if you can sell it to me with the shipping fee to Japan for $200 :)

Okay, seriously... I am trying to sell my Beige G3 with my scanner and printer and 17" monitor for $1000, so your's should easily be worth that (without the scanner and stuff...)

But the problem is.. I've been trying to sell mine for the past 5 months...

So, if you wanna sell fast and easy, maybe go for about $700 ~ $550.

irmongoose

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: Selling price?

Originally posted by Omad0n
Hi all, I'm typing from my new G4 Dual 867, and now i've got an extra computer to sell. the thing is I have no idea how much it's worth or how to figure it out. It's a G4 400 Mghz sawtooth computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Steve

try looking around eBay to see how much they go for... and consider selling it on eBay.

arn

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
how fast do you want to sell it? you should keep an eye on the prices for about a month, or at least 2 weeks to get a feel for the market. or at least, that's what i do.:)

Omad0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2002
Seattle, WA
I would ideally like to sell it ASAP, so I guess maybe i'll post something in the selling forum and see what happens. Thanks guys for the responses. :) As to ebay, I've never sold with ebay before and I'm a bit hesitant.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
If your 400 is AGP it is a greate computer, I placde a dual 500 in to mine and a new original superdrive.

Sell it around your friends it is a better deal. In you case I would keep it with a lot of ram to do renders and stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.