Selling Shuffle for Nano

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Lopez.T.H., Sep 9, 2005.

1. Lopez.T.H. macrumors regular

I have a 1GB Shuffle and 3 Marware Gel cases, silicone lanyard, and belt clip. How much could I get for this on ebay or something. The iPod has light normal use scratches on it. The cases show no signs of use.

2. lopresmb macrumors 6502

I would start by checking ebay adn seeing what they are going for.
    I imagine you'd be able to get well over half of what you paid for it back

3. Lopez.T.H. thread starter macrumors regular

One question. Does apple honor student discounts in store or only online. Cause a 4GB is like $220.

4. Lopez.T.H. thread starter macrumors regular

I checked eBay. A 1GB shuffle is running from $80 to $100. I dont know how much the cases will add in.

5. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Apple will give you education prices on hardware at Apple Stores. Software is only available with student discount if you order online or buy at a school bookstore.

6. Lopez.T.H. thread starter macrumors regular

7. Lopez.T.H. thread starter macrumors regular

8. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I am doing the same thing selling my 512mb shuffle for a 4gb Nano or 2gb not sure yet, i think the extra money is definatly worth the Nano,

ShadoW

9. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

I'm thinking of flipping my 30GB Photo for a nano. I can live with the GB reduction, and really like that profile of the nano.

10. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

Education letter

How do apple check your education status when you order im in england and i have a UCAS number and a letter of acceptance by a uni is that enough

11. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

They don't if you order online. If you go into a store, they will ask for your student ID. It's pretty easy really.

12. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

Thanks

Its just when i ordered my powerbook they made me fax all proof of identity through for some reason and didnt wanna go through the same thing again

13. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

I wouldn't do that if I were you... You will melt over the cuteness, lose interest and money, realise it doesn't include an AC wall charger.. :p

Things are getting bigger,don't end up with 5.5GB of things and only have a 3.7GB nano...

Well that's just my opinion as I use my 3G 20GB for backups... I've used about 7GB.

14. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

I almost get the impression that they plan for people who arent actually edu discount eligable to buy trick people into thinking theyre getting a discount so they come away happier.

15. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

WHAT NANO DOESNT INCLUDE A CHARGER.... nm just thought about you just plug into your computer :rolleyes: no biggy.

16. Lopez.T.H. thread starter macrumors regular

The 4GB Nano would do for me perfectly. I have less than 3.5 GB of music total on my computer. And there is room to spare!

17. Lopez.T.H. thread starter macrumors regular

So... I dont really like eBay. Anybody intrested? I dont want to put tin the marketplace because Im not sure yet if i can sell it.

18. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

I already sold my 20gb for a Nano. Got a little over $200 for my 20gb, so with the EDU discount I'll only have to really put in about $15-20.

19. Lopez.T.H. thread starter macrumors regular

I dont think selling a 30Gb for a nano was the best choice.......... I could see selling the shuffle. But an iPod with nearly 8 times the memory than a nano. I dont think that was the wisest choice.

20. shane-o-mac macrumors regular

shane-o-mac

Nano Rock, but keep it real.

Hey I have to admit the Nano is awesome! I got a black 2gb one today. It definatley is an awesome replacement for a shuffle, which is good since I lost my 512mb shuffle somewhere. However, cool factor aside(and they are very cool) lets keep it real. I would be hard pressed to have a Nano as my only ipod, I mean originally I had less then 512mb of music on my computer, now I have 7gb, with itunes, audiobooks, and podcast (not too mention photos) that is sure to grow. I would not trade by 20gb Ipod for anything, its just a staple, esp if you have a sounddock and store all your music on your mac.

But to each their own....good luck selling you shuffle, suppose I would sell mine if I could find it :)

21. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

Nano just small though

The thing with iPod (normal 20gb extra) are in my opinion is to big to take out just to have music with incase you fancy a listen.

With a nano you can take it out all the time with out buldging out your jeans. The only advantage of the big ipods is not having to restrict your self to a 1000 songs before you go out

22. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Yeah this was a big decider for me. I bought a 512 shuffle to compliment my 60Gb iPod (which is about 2/3 full) because I just didn't want to take the iPod photo everywhere with me. However, the shuffle bugged me occasionally with new music. I wanted to see what the track was called if I didn't know it.

So, the nano is just perfect. All the "thrills" of a full sized iPod in a tiny form. I think this should be a big winner for Apple.

23. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking of getting a 2GB Black Nano purely for trips to the Gym. I'll keep my existing 20GB iPod for my journeys on the Tube to/from work and for connecting to my stereo as it holds all my music (9.5gb worth).

Rather than either/or, I think both variants have a place.
    Vanilla