selling tix on CL

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rick snagwell, Jan 9, 2013.

1. macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

Hey everyone, so i am selling tix on CL...

i live in san diego, the tix are for a concert in san francisco. so i am going to post in the CL for san fran.

now what is the best way to make sure i get paid?

they are hard tix in my hand. thanks for any advice and experience with this info.

2. macrumors 603

mobilehaathi

CL explicitly tells people to only deal locally. If I tried to buy something on CL and the seller said they were in San Diego, I'd suspect scam and drop it.

Edit: BTW what concert? ;)

3. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

With Craigslist, only take cash and meet in a public place. I would recommend listing them on San Diego's Craigslist instead of San Francisco.

4. thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

well i have gotten a ton of hits, just trying to figure out the best way to make the transaction work for both parties.

swedish house mafia.

5. macrumors 603

mobilehaathi

Hmmm, well I'm not sure how to safely transfer without meeting in person....

6. macrumors 6502

JoshMKB24

Every transaction I have done on CL has been with cash and meet in a public area. The only time I didn't was actually for courtside tickets to Bulls/Lakers and downtown Chicago is about 1.5 hrs away from me so I spoke with the guy over the phone and did a wire transfer for half the money and gave him the other half cash at the gate to the United Center. This was a unique situation though due to the amount of money the tickets cost and generally I don't do stuff unless its in person......I'm not sure how else you would get around it though. I know as a buyer if someone started talking about paypal and stuff I'd probably assume scam

PS - I'm going to SWM in NYC in March and can't wait! You should say screw it and go yourself!