Selling to pbfixit?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by isus, Dec 10, 2005.

1. isus macrumors regular

I've read a lot of people suggesting buying parts at pbfixit.com, but has anyone here sold their computer to pbfixit? I got a nice quote on a dying PowerBook but they want me to send it in, let them inspect it, and then trust them to send a check back... I can understand why they do it in that order, but I can't help but be suspicious. Does anyone have any experience on this?

2. isus thread starter macrumors regular

3. isus thread starter macrumors regular

4. kwiens macrumors newbie

PB FixIt Success Story

We've purchased hundreds of laptops from customers. I've found that customers appreciate having a trustworthy company they can sell their Mac to. We make the process straightforward and simple.

Here's a customer testimonial: "The past transaction worked very well with the G3 Wallstreet I sent you and I wanted to thank you for the easy shipping and your professional approach. I have 2 other G3 PowerBooks with "issues" that you may be interested in giving me a price on buying." -P. M.

Here's how the process works:
    1) You tell us about your computer here:
    https://www.pbfixit.com/utils/Sell/sell_track.php
    2) We reply with a price we'll pay you for your computer.
    2) If you agree, we send you a pre-paid shipping label via e-mail.
    3) You ship the computer to us within 7 days using the label.
    4) When we receive your computer as described, we send you a check for the agreed amount.
    Note: If for some reason the computer is not as described, we simply send it back to you, no charge.

Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
    -Kyle Wiens
    CEO, PB FixIt
    1-866-61-FIXIT

5. umrdad macrumors member

can't beat that deal . . .remember in the cyberworld reputation is everything and there are some people that would bitch if they were hung with a new rope . . . others would bitch about being well hung

6. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

pbfixit is a pretty respectable company...I think you're guaranteed that they won't scam you.

7. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

This is a sweet site. I've been wanting/debating if I should sell my old Titanium PowerBook G4...it was my first Mac, so it kind of has sentimental value, but it's dead, so what really would I do with it? Plus, I'm low on money, and I'm thinking about selling my current PowerBook as well, since I don't really need two computers, I primarily use my iMac G5 for everything anyway.

Anyway, just wanted to say that. I am waiting to hear back from the company to see how much they would offer me for the two 'Books.