Sen. Mary Landrieu Press Release

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by oldschool, Sep 3, 2005.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Well, hell, it must be true, then. God knows no politician ever told a lie about a politician from an opposing party.

Does anyone have an objective reporting of this "story" that doesn't depend on a politician's press release? Maybe the equipment was moved for some legitimate reason... maybe they decided not to do repairs at this time, or there was a more urgent need for the equipment elsewhere.

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Maybe people jump to conclusions way way way way to damn fast these days.

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

That would seem to be the case in most situations. :rolleyes:

5. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I would just like to say that I did not vote for this woman. :)

6. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

The last person I've trusted who had a last name with three, consecutive vowels ending with "u" was Curly Lambeau....that I recall.

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Thanks for the clarification Daveway.

8. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

don't you mean "way way way way to levee fast these days"? :)

Not being an engineer, and not knowing what is going right with repair, when to stop a process that is not working, I think more needs to be done.

Also I would think it easier for the Prez to go see where the action is happening than make the action happen where the prez is. The supposition in that article is the opposite.

I find it pretty hysterical that the people that are talking about the lack of coordination, assets, and the aboundance of chaos, then come around to accuse the admin of organizing a hasty asset intense photo op.

9. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

It is little wonder that we question the motives of this administration when the President comes for a visit. More so in the past 6 years, his visits are "handled" to the T. Townhall meetings that only include party faithful. War ships being held back from their families so he can have his 15 minutes for "fame" for a mission still not completed. Surrounding himself with mothers that had sons killed in Iraq, that support his view.

For this President, it seems to be all about the photo-op. What can the RNC then sell to their faithful.

10. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

this is myth chip. I used to fly on navy VIP trips with a specially configured P3 out of Guam for 7th fleet and dignitaries. Sin #1 is to arrive early! be late but NEVER be early.

Now the Jet was probably more expensive to use, but is always more safe than a helicopter. And I grant you the overall mission is not complete, but for that cruise Their mission was COMPLETE.

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Before you go getting hysterical, these are obviously not mutually exclusive propositions. If it was a photo-op, then clearly that does nothing to promote coordination or the application of assets. As for the facts of the particular situation, I don't know enough to have an informed opinion, and I would respectfully suggest that neither does anyone else posting here.

12. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Lord why did I look?!

He is criticised for not being there and now for being there.

If the Sen is found to be making a wonderfully false partisan accusation, I will welcome the hate mail she will recieve on these boards.

<back to ignore>

13. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Yup, that's what I get from good ol' stu for saying "I don't really know enough to have an informed opinion." :rolleyes:

I sure don't get your attitude.

14. Mr_Ed macrumors 6502

Politically motivated or not, it seems the senator might have been talking out of her @## and I hope she is called on this publicly. Those who said people jump to conclusions too quickly may have been right on the money on this one.

From cnn.com article (emphasis mine):

15. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I think most of us who are following these events closely are aware of the plan to allow some of the breaches to remain open for a while longer, and I believe we can be reasonably certain that Sen. Landrieu knows this at least as well. At this point we don't have any way of knowing whether she is wrong or right in what she said. Time will tell -- and if it turns out she's simply playing politics with the disaster then she deserves to be hung by her thumbs along with everybody else who is found to be culpable for this donnybrook in one way and another.

Everybody down on the Gulf Coast is very excited, as well they might be. But for our part, I think a bit of deep breathing is in order right now.

16. vniow macrumors G4

Of course you didn't. Not unless New Orleans has some special provision for 16 year olds...

17. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I just finished watching the 60 Minutes interview with New Orleans mayor Ray Nagan and they said the leeves, in fact, did not break, but there were a few breaks in the flood walls (not quite sure what the difference is.)

18. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

:p