Sen Wellstone is Killed in a Plane Crash

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ovi, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

I'm not sure if this belongs in the Current Events section or not...but I'll let a mod make the decision.

Yeah, this is sad, my condolences go out to the Wellstone family. Even though his ideals were a bit overboard, and I sometimes disagreed, he was a kind, energetic man. He'll be missed. :(

Problem is...who will take his place on the ballot? Or will he be elected posthumously?

This is a sad situation...the news here in minnesota has been almost nonstop about this since it occured (FOX9 and UPN29 here)

2. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Unfortunately Ovi, your heart will only be able to go out to what's left of his family, because his wife and daughter died along with him.

Wellstone's death cast a pale cloud over the U of MN today. The green "Wellstone!" signs were out in all their glory, and there were still people out who appeared to be campaigning for him.

It's very sad - Wellstone was my favorite (or maybe second favorite behind Feingold) senator, and I was planning on voting for him. He was a top man. I'm not keen on voting for a dead person, so I don't know what I'll do now. I hope he still ends up winning.

3. Ovi thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

I guess you've got the e-mail then saying that one of the other campaign helpers on the plane was part of the faculty here at the U.

My prayers go out to Dr. Mary McEvoy as well, also to the pilots and the others.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My prayers go out to all 7 of the souls on board that plane & their families. Its a great loss for all involved. Sen. Wellstone was well like by his collegues because he held strong to his convictions. He respected others when they remained faithful. :(

6. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i heard the news of the plane crash on cnn right after the catching of the two alleged snipers and even though they were caught, i could not imagine that members of the human race would do such a thing for no apparent reason to strangers

it also sickened me to see the poor boy who was killed by three others (minors, i presume) because of his sexual orientation, especially since two of the three killers had sexual experiences with the boy they killed

also, there was the hostage incident in russia where people died, too

and now it looks like there could be a war in iraq

it was a really sad and eventful month of television news and one of the worst in recent memory

i hope things are really quiet next month on the news

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I think we will have even greater news next month, election day November 5th. Ex. the old war horse Fritz Mondale stealing the election in MN as the Demogog's did in NJ. :confused: