Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
Picked up a Sena Folio in black ar the new Apple Store in the Uptown area in the Twin Cities this morning. I have been on the lookout for a nice leather folio and I do believe I have found it. A little pricey at $79, but the fit and finish is very nice. I also have the Apple case, but the fact that it ALWAYS looks dirty was driving me crazy. This also seems like it provides a bunch of extra padding without adding the bulk that something like the Incase convertible case does.

My 3G iPad fits very snugly and securely. Zero fears of it coming out on it's own. All the swithes and buttons as well as the ambient light sensor are accessible. It also passed a key test. With the iPad installed it fits perfectly in the pocket of my XS Timbuk2 messenger bag.

I MAY try to post some photos later.

Steve.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Thanks for the lead. Have to check the MOA Apple store. The SENA site has few photos. I think there is an integrated stand. How well does it work?

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
Thanks for the lead. Have to check the MOA Apple store. The SENA site has few photos. I think there is an integrated stand. How well does it work?

I was at the MOA store and the Southdale store today too. Neither had any Sena cases on display. The Uptown store did have a bunch of the zip cases too. Really nice, new store.

The stand works just fine. It only has one position that I can tell and that would be a position foe watching a movie and not one for typing.

I am uploading some photos to Flickr now from my iPhone. Hope to have them posted shortly.

Steve

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
I saw these when I went to the Oak Brook Apple store on Friday. The only thing that put me off was the price.

They show $99 on Sena's website. I would NOT have paid that....especially since my wife was along. :D

I see this case lasting me a very long time. I would obviously have paid something less....but it's a nice piece.

Steve

Star56

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2007
Not only is the Sena a nice looking folio, it allows me to put my ipad, while encased in a cheepie ebay TPU snap on case, into the folio!! I can slide out the encased ipad use it then slide it back in for transportation.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
Judging by the photos, it looks like you can't type in landscape that well. Am I right? Just curious.

It does not have the option to put it at the appropriate angel for typing. I don't have mine on right now, but when I do it works fine for typing. Not as nice as the Apple case that has that angle option, but still doable.

Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.