Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Though there are now hundreds of Apple Watch chargers and stands on the market, Apple is only selling a handful in retail locations - those that are designed with a clean aesthetic that matches the feel of the company's products. The latest Apple-endorsed Apple Watch charging solution comes from Sena, and will be in Apple Stores in mid-November.

Sena's Leather Watch Case, which is actually available from Sena's website beginning today, is a hybrid stand and case product that can be used for charging, storage, and travel purposes.

The Leather Watch Case is designed to look like a traditional watch case that might come with any luxury watch. It's similar in size to the box that comes with the stainless steel Apple Watch, with a round exterior covered in a quality black European leather and a microsuede-covered interior for the Apple Watch to rest on. It only comes in black, which might not be appealing to all users, primarily those with silver, gold, and rose gold Apple Watches.

senacaseexterior-800x600.jpg

As with most Apple Watch charging accessories, the Leather Watch Case requires you to supply your own Magnetic Charging Cable, but it does include a cord wrap to keep the cable hidden from view. There are four pieces to the Leather Watch Case, which snap together magnetically: a leather-covered bottom base, a plastic cord wrap that fits inside the base, a microsuede interior piece that houses the Apple Watch charging puck, and a leather-covered lid with a padded microsuede interior that fits over the whole thing to protect the Apple Watch when on the base.

senacasepieces-800x600.jpg

Assembling the Leather Watch Case was a simple enough process that consisted of fitting the charging puck into the microsuede holder, guiding the cord through the cord wrap and out the base, and fitting all of the pieces together.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Review: Sena's Leather Apple Watch Case Easily Transitions From Home Dock to Travel Accessory

rotax

macrumors regular
May 17, 2010
Love the look and the concept especially for travel. I usually leave my watch at home not wanting to pack my stand or disassemble it. But $80 is ridiculous. I'll be waiting for a similar design thats ⅓ that price. Its not that novel and certainly the materials do not warrant the price.

jocamero

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I would be surprised if when you turn the box upside down the MagSafe charging puck is strong enough to keep the watch in place. Especially when placed in a suitcase and subjected to airline travel.

Why do none of these cases have a cable built in with a female lighting port on the back similar to Apple's case that comes with the Apple Watch Edition?

cadal99

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2015
Colorado
So is there room underneath to carry the standard Apple USB wall plug when traveling? or need to still carry that separately?

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
So is there room underneath to carry the standard Apple USB wall plug when traveling? or need to still carry that separately?

There is no room for that.

Edit: I take that back. You can definitely put the adapter inside of the case, where the Apple Watch would go. Behind the band. I'm not sure I'd stick it in there with an Apple Watch inside, but it fits.

Last edited:

nick42983

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2009
Warsaw, Poland
Another ugly, ridiculously expensive Apple stand. I suppose the redeeming quality is that it's also a case? Pro tip: the best way to travel with your Watch is to wear it on your wrist. Take it off and put it in your bag when going through airport screwity and then put it on again.

nick42983

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2009
Warsaw, Poland
I would be surprised if when you turn the box upside down the MagSafe charging puck is strong enough to keep the watch in place. Especially when placed in a suitcase and subjected to airline travel.

Why do none of these cases have a cable built in with a female lighting port on the back similar to Apple's case that comes with the Apple Watch Edition?

Why would you put your Apple Watch in a suitcase? Do people not need a watch when they're traveling? These stupid cases are made for fools to purchase. It's like buying a "travel case" for your shoes instead of wearing them on your feet.

jocamero

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Totally agree with you. I wear mine on my wrist while traveling. Isn't that the point?? Love having my boarding pass readily available on my watch.

Why would you put your Apple Watch in a suitcase? Do people not need a watch when they're traveling? These stupid cases are made for fools to purchase. It's like buying a "travel case" for your shoes instead of wearing them on your feet.

Reactions: Denmac1 and Soulman

odedia

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
Love my Sena iPhone 6S Plus case. First time I ever used a case since iPhone 1.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    846.3 KB · Views: 134

efktd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2011
USA
Thought they were gonna say that you could use the case for toiletries and such.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.