Senate Democrats want vote on Iraq withdrawal

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jun 19, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

reuters

2. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

Feinstein is a fool playing politics. I agree with the prez on this one.

3. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

yes, thank god the GOP isn't playing politics with the soldiers. that'd be a crying shame.

4. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

I never said the GOP was'nt playing politics. Just replied to this post about Sen. F.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Of course it's politics, and they don't even expect to actually get a time table. They just want to bring the discussion to the table. The GOP wants to talk about immigration and gay marriage, but the Dems know people really care about Iraq, gas prices, and real national security, which is currently hurting the GOP right now. I don't blame the Dems for trying because at least they're doing something. Better than the wishy washy "we'll be done when we're done" attitude coming from the WH that the GOP seems fine with. And better than then their usual doing nothing.

There's no easy solution to this, but we're getting really tired of waiting for something. Anything. At this rate, we don't think we're ever going to leave. The Vietnam analogy is looking more and more apt.

6. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Feinstein is a realist and knows that a withdrawal plan is what Americans what and what Iraq needs. Iraq is totally effed up beyond belief and the only hope for a return to normalcy is a phased withdrawal of American troops. Ten more years of US occupation will do nothing to solve the crisis, our absence, however, will.

7. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

This will only work if the Dems don't pull a mealy-mouthed milquetoast. They need to stand up and say, without fear or trepidation (or looking guilty) "The war the President started has failed. It is our responsibility to end it."

Bush screwed up and it's gonna cost us. At this point he's only interested in saving his own hide. But if the Dems are gonna do their usual half-assed "we're against the war, but only if it doesn't cost us anything, even with red-state voters", then we're never gonna make any progress.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This wont amount to anything but it will get TV coverage. Lets face it Republicans run everything so this isnt going anywhere. But its good,we have real problems and issues and the republicans are playing games. Im voting against anyone who has a R next to their name this next time or two around.:)

9. iGary Guest

iGary

Does that mean you are going to vote for Obama for president?

10. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Hang on folks... this could take a while...

Troop count wise we're here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War#184.2C000_Troops_at_End_of_1965

So that gives us another eight years and another three hundred thousand troops to go. Not to mention another two covert wars in neighboring countries and a tidy CIA business on the side to support insurrection in Iran and infighting in Palestine.

So if Dubyaw's really crossing Johnson/Nixon... who gets to be the Nixon/Ford?:eek:

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Like I said this party that i use to support is tearing down our country, our liberties,our freedoms and ignoring the enviroment,borders,health,our own laws,etc. We didnt need Iraq. I would vote for Mickey Mouse,Donald Duck even Clemcudidlehopper before supporting any Republican after what we have seen the past 6 yrs. Republicans are handing over this Country to any Corporation who wants it foreign and domestic. UAE running our ports,foreigners running our airlines,Mexico running our border, wish we could outsource the bastards in govt right now. They arent Representing America at all.

12. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Political season.

Strange bedfellows abound, ask Bill!

Not for what is happening and for what is proposed, and offered no other choice, should go far.

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

If you're looking for someone to defend Hillary here, I don't think that's going to happen. :p