Senate Ethics Package...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by blackfox, Mar 29, 2006.

1. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Thoughts? I found the list of Senators who voted against most interesting...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/29/AR2006032900328_2.html

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

And we know why they voted against it, because it doesn't really fix the problem. But what do you want to bet they will be smeared by the ill-informed for their choice.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

It's kind of hard to smear Obama or Feingold as crazy liberals for voting on the same side as Coburn and Inhofe. Not saying it won't be tried, but that's an easy defense.

The same kind of 'bipartisan' cover Lieberman's been giving the GOP for the last couple years...

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You're thinking logically. They can still be smeared and the Reps who vote the same way easily ignored. Happens all the time.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Of course it will be tried. But I'm thinking people will be less receptive to Republic attacks like that this time around. Besides, if that line of attack does work, it can be used to help unseat Inhofe and Coburn...

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

It is, along with the Morons in congress. Why did they bother? so they can beat the chest and say see we passed ethics reform! In reality they did almost nothing, really nothing but words and more lies.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh please. They have our best interests at heart by refusing to allow any outsiders to investigate them.

By extension, we should allow bin Laden to investigate whether he is culpable for the 9/11 attacks and be the one to issue the definitive report...