Send directions to iPhone

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Powertoola, Jun 11, 2013.

1. macrumors member

send directions to iPhone on OS X 10.9 Mavericks, has it been implemented yet ? can't seem to find it

2. macrumors regular

Yes, and it works beautifully. I put in addresses and let it find the directions, and then clicked on the Share button (the little rectangle with the arrow pointing out of it) and selected iPhone as the target. A couple of seconds later, my phone beeped, it showed up on the Notification Center on the lock screen, I swiped on it and it opened the directions in the Maps iOS app.

3. macrumors 68030

The seed notes indicate it does not work for everyone. I don't have it.

4. macrumors member

It's not working for me

I have the customer seed and it doesn't work for me, which is a totally buzz kill. It was the one feature I was really looking forward to!

5. macrumors 65816

I don't even see the option to send to iphone in the share sheet. What am I missing?

6. macrumors 68000

Outrigger

its too bad it sends to the Apple maps, and not Google maps, or provide a choice, but thats a given.

7. macrumors 68030

8. macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

That worked! Signout of iCloud on the Macbook Air side, signed back in and "send to iPhone" is now showing as an option along with the other options..

Sweet!

9. macrumors 68030

You're lucky. It did not work for me :(

10. macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Did you completely sign out? There was actually two boxes I had to manually uncheck to complete the sign out.. After I unchecked the boxes, I hit sign out again and then I was "officially" signed out..

11. macrumors 68030

Yes I did. Took forever it seemed. I was looking forward to testing it, but I understand it's an early beta. They will fix it.

12. macrumors regular

Is your iPhone also on iOS 7 ?

13. macrumors 68030

Yes.

14. macrumors regular

Well, there must be something in the mix. You have met the requirements. Did you try signing out and back in on both the devices.

15. macrumors 68030

Yes I did a couple of times. I'm not losing sleep over it since the seed notes say it won't work for everyone. I'm obviously part of that group :)

16. macrumors regular

You are more patient than I was. This was one of most anticipated features. Have you tried the maps app in full screen fly overs. Pretty impressive.

17. macrumors 68030

I'll admit I was really looking forward to that feature. I'm hoping it will be fixed in the second beta.

Yes, I have tried it. They really did a great job. I was impressed.

18. MaC rA mE, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013

macrumors member

Bumping cause the GM is out and I still can't see the "send directions to iPhone". Anyone else finding the same?

19. macrumors 68040

BasicGreatGuy

I haven't been able to find it either.

20. macrumors 6502

The "Send to iPhone" option is located underneath the "Share" button. I think it's called the Share button at least. The picture I attached shows where it is located though.

Hope this helps,
    - Kyle

Attached Files:

21. macrumors 68040

BasicGreatGuy

My problem is my iPhone does not show in the drop down menu. I signed out of iCloud on my Mac and signed back and it stayed the same. I just checked again, after leaving the Mac alone for 30 mins, and now the phone shows. Weird.

22. macrumors 6502

I had to do the same thing when I first tried the "Send to iPhone" option. Weird indeed. :p

23. macrumors newbie

The solution!

I have discovered the solution for the problem! Before you can send direction to your iPhone, you first need to update you software on the iPhone to the newest version: iOS 7.0.3. Good luck!

24. macrumors 6502

After updating to iOS 7.0.3, the devices still weren't showing up in Maps app on Mavericks. I rebooted Mavericks, and now the devices are showing up in the share sheet in Maps app, however, clicking up them never sends the notification to the devices.

Any ideas?

25. macrumors member

logging out and back into iCloud fixed it for me.

one question now...I still don't see iCloud data in my Mac now...how long does it take to sync back?