Send to shake, one clip at a time?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by P-Worm, Dec 20, 2006.

1. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I have an edited sequence that has roughly 4 and a half minutes of green screen footage I need to composite. I am going to be doing my compositing in Shake, but my question should cover multiple applications.

What is the best way to screen each clip? Should I send the entire sequence to Shake or should I do it one clip at a time. At first I started doing one clip at a time, but each time I do so it makes a new sequence in the file browsser in Final Cut Pro. Is that important?

Also, when I am in Shake, it doesn't bring in a single video node, but that node has three nodes attached to it called "Multiclip_Sequence_6__Shake__V1" "Multiclip_Sequence_6__Shake_" "Multiclip_Sequence_6__Shake__out" I gather that the "-out" is for the file out at the end. Are the other nodes needed?

Thanks for any help you can give.

P-Worm

2. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

can you post a shot of your Node Tree.

I usually export the video clip i need to work with then, create a new out clip & manually drop it back in. But then im old School.

Trev.

3. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

4. P-Worm thread starter macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Yeah no problem.

This is what happens in FCP when I export to Shake:

[​IMG]

And here's the shake file:

http://home.comcast.net/~pworm420/GS_002.shk

My question isn't really about a hang-up I am coming into, more of just an overall workflow idea. The sequence I have has about 75 edits in it, so that means that I am going to have 75 shk files and 75 "extra" sequences in my file browser. It doesn't seem to me that this is the way Shake was intended to be used. If you have a whole bunch of clips that need compositing (or color correction for that matter) how do you go about doing it?

P-Worm