Sending emails from Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by jlewis2k1, Jun 15, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

What I have -
    I have 3 Mail accounts set up.
    1. GMail (IMAP)
    2. Business (POP3)
    3. Administrator (POP3)

Whenever I want to compose an email using my business email account and i would to send it, for whatever reason it is sending it as my GMail account rather than my Business account. I have looked at my settings to ensure that nothing was wrong, but it appears to be fine. I am selecting the mailbox that I want to send from.

What exactly am I doing wrong?

I have attached 3 images. The first one is the settings window, second one is where I did select the mailbox and 3rd is showing the raw headers for the email I sent. If you look carefully, it does say "myadvatge.com" in the message ID field.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 603

swiftaw

When you compose a mail, do you get a drop down box that allows you to select the From address?

3. macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

You might have already done this, but under the accounts tab, what does the SMTP say? This same thing happened to me and it was because I accidentally had selected the gmail SMTP sever.

4. macrumors regular

How many outgoing mail servers have you got set up? Click on the accounts tab in preferences, then click the drop down menu under smtp servers. Is there a server "@myadvatge.com" in that list?

Wow, people are quick at replying here!

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

hmm, there wasn't an smtp server for myadvatge.com. So I need to set that up then?

6. macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Yes. If it's not there, that means it's using one of your other accounts smtp server. For example, I have MobileMe set up in mail. However, I have my smtp server set for gmail. So everyone who receives an email from me sees it to be from my gmail account.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

thanks for your help everyone!