Sending Fax Through Razr

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Aperture, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Mar 19, 2006
    Hi. I am having another problem with my Razr v3. I am paired to my Mac Mini via Bluetooth, and setup the Razr as a Fax. This what I am trying to do

Open Pages > Make Doc. > Print > PDF, Send As Fax >

When I get there, the Fax Utility opens and it says "waiting for modem to be available". Does anyone know what is wrong?

Edit- Im using these steps to set it up:

In System Preferences, go to Print & Fax
    Open the Printer Browser (click "+" in the Printing tab)
    Option-click on "More Printers"
    Select "Advanced" in the popup list
    Select "Bluetooth-modem" from the "Device" popup that appears
    Select "Other" from the "Printer Model" menu
    In the "Choose file" dialog go to System>Library -> Frameworks -> ApplicationServices.framework -> Frameworks -> PrintCore.framework -> Resources -> English.lproj -> Fax.ppd. Note that you can replace English.lproj with the language of your choice.
    Finally, click Add
  2. Dopeyman macrumors 6502a

Sep 5, 2005
    Los Angeles!
    Looks like I'm gonna bring an old post from the dead cause I've been doing some searching and I can't find a way to make this work....... With Leopard. Not even on the Apple site.....

I have a Motorola Razr with T-Mobile and I can't get it send a fax.....

I've sync'd it.. I'm able to use iSync for my contacts and stuff...

So basically I need help on how to setup Leopard to recognize my phone so that I can send out faxes.... I'm not interested in receiving.....

Can someone please help???? Thanks!!!
  3. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

Apr 22, 2003
    You need to have CSD ( available on your account for this to work, I believe. The problem with that is neither AT&T or Tmobile offer CSD anymore unless you have a REALLY REALLY old account with CSD still active on it. And even then it may not work anymore. All GSM providers have moved over to GPRS and EDGE and pretty much decommissioned CSD.