Sending xbox 360 in for replacement (second time!)

Discussion in 'Games' started by stagecustom, Dec 28, 2006.

1. stagecustom macrumors regular

hey guys. guess what. my 360 has been freezing again, i have moved it to more ventilated areas, kept the power brink cool etc, etc. etc... I have done everything and then when i think its fixed i will play for over an hour and then it will start freezing again. NO error or lights or anything. BUT thank god i still have a month or so left on the extended warranty they just put into affect! They will be sending me the box in the next couple of days. this sucks, i will miss out on playing with my friends over the holidays! i guess GOW will have to wait. i only go to the second act.

Anyone have anything similar happen like 6-8 months after they got it replaced. It has been doing it for the last few weeks, but has gotten worse over time.

oh well...

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Sorry my friend. My xbox 360 only ever froze up when i pressed dash button when a notification came on screen, but that bug seems to have been sorted with the last update, other than that my 360 is going strong since december 2nd 2005.

3. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

Just an update, it has been freezing 5-15min into games now. no matter what game, it even freezes on the pause screen of madden, also an interesting fact the disk drive is alot louder all the sudden and arcade seems to be fine, i am assuming my cd drive/player is shot... lets hope i get a new one that has no problems. (keeps fingers crossed)